Thursday, March 26, 2009

Do you know this person?

My coworker has a booklet out on her desk at work. It covers things like fire procedures, what to do during a medical emergency, and how to shelter-in-place. What I find more interesting, though, are the topics on workplace violence, suspicious packages, and bomb threats.

Today, I’ll cover workplace violence. I’m going to give you the characteristics of an individual capable of committing workplace violence, you tell me if you know anybody, anybody at all that demonstrates these traits.

Crisis indicators and warning signs:

  • Direct or veiled threats of harm either verbal or written
  • Intimidating, belligerent, harassing, bullying, or aggressive behavior
  • Insubordination
  • Inconsistent/declining performance
  • Lack of ambition or dedication
  • Decrease in use of personal hygiene
  • Declining customer service skills
  • Ignoring rules and regulations
  • Blaming others for mistakes
  • Fascination with weapons/violence or bringing weapons to work

I’d like to point out that at least 7 of these items pertain to almost everyone reading this blog right now. I have your names and numbers and I’m calling the authorities on you.

Stay tuned for our next post...bomb threats!

1 comment:

  1. good thing you know about me because i was really starting to worry about my going to work tomorrow. what time should i expect the fuzz? i could use a few days of r&r!

    ReplyDelete